ātac's mission is creating community through the arts.
ātac (Amazing Things Arts Center, Inc.) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization in downtown Framingham. We host high quality, professional musicians and performers weekly, and are also home to a variety of open mic nights and classes. Our three art galleries proudly feature established and emerging MetroWest artists. Our Firehouse hosts Gallery160 and Stage Gallery. ātac also curates the Morton Street Gallery at Exhibit 'A' Brewing Company.
ātac was founded in 2005 by Michael Moran with a vision of bringing together a diverse community of artists and art appreciators of all ages, cultures, and interests in a supportive and nurturing environment. Our first home was a small storefront in the historic village of Saxonville in north Framingham. After a year of repeated sold-out performances, it was clear that ātac needed a larger venue.
• In May 2007, Framingham Town Meeting voted to lease the historic downtown Hollis Street Firehouse to ātac for a period of 50 years.
• As part of our agreement with the Town, we began a Capital Campaign to renovate the historic Firehouse. The Board raised over $250,000 in cash and in-kind contributions from individuals and companies who donated time and resources for this work.
• In 2008 we officially settled into our new home: a completely renovated performance hall with space for music concerts, theater shows, art exhibits, classes, film screenings, and lectures.
• In 2015, we celebrated a decade of bringing the arts to the MetroWest community. Our art galleries were updated and refocused to feature MetroWest artists. We launched our third exhibition space, Morton Street Gallery, through a partnership with Exhibit 'A' Brewing Company.
We continue to bring our mission of creating community through the arts to life in our second decade.
• We’re expanding programming with classes and workshops to further meet the needs of both novice and professional creative people.
• Our newly upgraded performance space continues to host old favorites and new acts bringing energy to Downtown Framingham.
• Through our open mics, jams, and classes we provide our community with supportive spaces for artists to practice new work and and sharpen their skills.
• Our three galleries highlight the talent of the emerging and established local artists through juried exhibits and marketplaces.
Through partnerships, outreach, and innovative programming, ātac continues to be a beacon of excellence for the MetroWest and Greater Boston artistic community.
Click here for read our annual report.