ātac's mission is to provide a venue for visual and performing artists and nurture a community of artists, art supporters, and art appreciators in the MetroWest area of greater Boston.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization in downtown Framingham, MA. Founded in 2005, we host high quality, professional musicians and performers as well as being home to a variety of programs, open mics and classes. Our vision includes bringing together a diverse community of artists and art appreciators of all ages, cultures, and interests in a supportive and nurturing environment.
ātac was founded in 2005 by Michael Moran with a vision of bringing together a diverse community of artists and art appreciators of all ages, cultures, and interests in a supportive and nurturing environment. Our first home was a small storefront in the historic village of Saxonville in north Framingham. After a year of repeated sold-out performances, it was clear that ātac needed a larger venue.
• In May 2007, Framingham Town Meeting voted to lease the historic downtown Hollis Street Firehouse to ātac for a period of 50 years.
• As part of our agreement with the Town, we began a Capital Campaign to renovate the historic Firehouse. The Board raised over $250,000 in cash and in-kind contributions from individuals and companies who donated time and resources for this work.
• In 2008 we officially settled into our new home: a completely renovated performance hall with space for music concerts, theater shows, art exhibits, classes, film screenings, and lectures.
• In 2015, we celebrated a decade of bringing the arts to the MetroWest community. Our art galleries were updated and refocused to feature MetroWest artists. We launched our third exhibition space, Morton Street Gallery, through a partnership with Exhibit 'A' Brewing Company.
We continue to bring our mission of creating community through the arts to life in our second decade.
• We’re expanding programming with classes and workshops to further meet the needs of both novice and professional creative people.
• Our newly upgraded performance space continues to host old favorites and new acts bringing energy to Downtown Framingham.
• Through our open mics, jams, and classes we provide our community with supportive spaces for artists to practice new work and and sharpen their skills.
• Our three galleries highlight the talent of the emerging and established local artists through juried exhibits and marketplaces.
Through partnerships, outreach, and innovative programming, ātac continues to be a beacon of excellence for the MetroWest and Greater Boston artistic community.
Click here for read our annual report.